[Corpora-List] Call for Participation

Volker Boehlke BoehlkeV at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Mon May 7 19:51:19 CEST 2012

============================================================== Call for Participation CLARIN-D M12 Workshop June 27-28, 2012; Leipzig, Germany ==============================================================

CLARIN-D aims at building a web and centres-based research infrastructure providing linguistic data, tools and services in an integrated, interoperable and scalable infrastructure for the social sciences and humanities.

We invite everyone interested in learning more about CLARIN-D to attend the CLARIN-D M12 Workshop in Leipzig, Germany.

Important Dates ---------------

* registration deadline: June 1, 2012

* workshop: June 27-28, 2012

Topics and Intended Audience ---------------

The workshop will cover a wide range of topics. On day one the expectations of eHumanities projects on infrastructures will be discussed and the current state of the CLARIN-D project and infrastructure will be presented. After that we will report on the work of the CLARIN-D discipline-specific working groups and especially on the curation projects those groups are currently working on. The second day is dedicated to CLARIN-D democases. Several usage scenarios will be presented in live demos. During a demosession all participants will be able to get in touch with the creators of the demos. The workshop will close with a panel discussion that will address questions that arose during the workshop and will also allow in depth discussion of additional topics suggested by the audience.

Our target audience is:

* Scientists of the humanities and social sciences

* Researchers and graduate students working in eHumanities projects

* Computer scientists who have an interest in building infrastructures for the humanities and social sciences

Please visit our website in order to obtain up to date information: http://clarin.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/ In order to register please complete the registration form: http://clarin.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/registration/new Any questions should be directed to: clarin at informatik.uni-leipzig.de If you are interested in learning more about CLARIN-D beforehand, please visit our website at: http://de.clarin.eu/

We are looking forward to your participation!

The organizers of the CLARIN-D M12 workshop

-- Volker Boehlke Natural Language Processing Group Department of Computer Science University of Leipzig Johannisgasse 26 04103 Leipzig, Germany

Room : 5-45 Phone : +49-(0)341 / 97-32203