28th CONFERENCE OF THE SPANISH SOCIETY FOR NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING SEPLN 2012
September 5-7, 2012
Universidad Jaume I
The 28th edition of the Annual Conference of the Spanish Society for
Natural Language Processing (SEPLN) will take place in the University
Jaume I of Castellón on September
5, 6 and 7, 2012. We also expect to organize associated workshops on 7
September 2012 evening.
The huge amount of information available in digital format and in
different languages demands systems that enable us to access this vast
library in an increasingly more
In this same area, there is a renewed interest in improving
information accessibility and information exploitation in multilingual
environments. Many of the formal
foundations for dealing appropriately with these necessities have
been, and are still being established in the area of Natural Language
Processing and its many branches:
Information extraction and retrieval, Questions answering systems,
Machine translation, Automatic analysis of textual content, Text
summarization, Text generation, and
Speech recognition and synthesis.
The aim of the conference is to provide a forum for discussion and
communication where the latest research work and developments in the
field of Natural Language Processing
(NLP) can be presented by scientific and business communities. The
conference also aims at exposing new possibilities of real
applications and R&D projects in this field.
Moreover, as in previous editions, there is the intention of
identifying future guidelines or paths for basic research and foreseen
software applications, in order to
compare them against the market needs. Finally, the conference intends
to be an appropriate forum in helping new professionals to become
active members in this field.
Researchers and companies are encouraged to send communications,
project abstracts or demonstrations related to any language technology
topic including but not limited to
* Linguistic, mathematic and psycholinguistic models of language.
* Machine learning in NLP.
* Computational lexicography and terminology.
* Corpus linguistics.
* Development of linguistic resources and tools.
* Grammars and formalisms for morphological and syntactic analysis.
* Semantics, pragmatics and discourse.
* Lexical ambiguity resolution.
* Monolingual and multilingual text generation.
* Machine translation.
* Speech synthesis and recognition.
* Dialogue systems.
* Audio indexing.
* Language recognition.
* Monolingual and multilingual information extraction and retrieval.
* Question answering systems.
* Evaluation of NLP systems.
* Automatic textual content analysis.
* Sentiment and opinion analysis.
* Plagiarism detection.
* Negation and speculation processing.
* Text mining in blogosphere and social networks.
* Text summarization.
* Image retrieval.
* NLP in biomedical domain.
* NLP-based generation of teaching resources.
* NLP for languages with limited resources.
* NLP industrial applications.
March 15, 2012: Deadline for submitting workshop and tutorial proposals.
April 15 , 2012: Deadline for submitting papers, projects and demos.
May 30, 2012: Notification of acceptance.
June 13, 2012: Deadline for submitting the final version.
September 5,6 y 7, 2012: 28th SEPLN Conference.
September 7, 2012: Workshops.
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 11362 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20120130/fbd838de/attachment.txt>