[Corpora-List] 2nd CFP: CLW/AL @ICAL

Meladel Mistica mmistica at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jan 27 02:59:46 CET 2012

== Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message ==

Computational Linguistics Workshop on Austronesian Languages

CLW/AL 2012 @12ICAL

http://chl.anu.edu.au/linguistics/projects/clw

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Computational Linguistics Workshop on Austroniesian Languages is held as part of 12ICAL at Udayana University (Denpasar Campus), Bali, Indonesia.

TOPICS

We invite the submission of papers on original and unpublished research on various aspects of computational linguistics and natural language processing for languages in the Pacific and Oceanic regions.

Topics include, but not limited to:

- phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, and discourse; - lexicography and computational lexicography; - lexical resources - lexical semantics - interpreting spoken and written language; - natural language generation; - linguistic formalisms and grammar engineering; - engineering solutions for field linguists; - linguistic, mathematical, and psychological models of language; - corpus-based and statistical language modelling; - machine translation and translation aids; - question answering and information extraction; - natural language interfaces and dialogue systems; - summarisation.

We welcome submissions on any topic that is of interest to the Computational Linguistics and Austronesian Linguistics community. We especially encourage submissions that integrate aspects of both disciplines.

IMPORTANT DATES

February 13: Submission deadline April 2: Notification of acceptance April 7: ICAL Early registration closes April 30: Final camera-ready copy July 2-6: ICAL Main conference, panels, and workshops

PROGRAM CHAIRS

Francis Bond (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore) Meladel Mistica (The Australian National University, Australia)

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Andrew MacKinlay (NICTA and The University of Melbourne, Australia) Avery Andrews (The Australian National University, Australia) Anto Satriyo Nugroho (PTIK-BPPT, Indonesia) Chris Biemann (Universitšt Leipzig, Germany) Chooi Ling Goh (NICT, Japan) Dan Flickinger (Stanford University, USA) Emily Bender (The University of Washington, USA) Farah Akbar (The University of Essex, UK) Hammam Riza (PTIK-BPPT, Indonesia) I Wayan Arka (The Australian National University, Australia) Jeremy Nicholson (The University of Melbourne, Australia) Lauri Karttunen (Stanford University, USA) Mark Dras (Macquarie University Australia) Mary Dalrymple (Oxford University, UK) Michael Ewing (The University of Melbourne, Australia) Michiko Yasukawa (Gunma University, Japan) Miriam Butt (Universitšt Konstanz, Germany) Mirna Adriani (University of Indonesia, Indonesia) Preslav Nakov (National University of Singapore, Singapore) Rebecca Dridan (The University of Oslo, Norway) Ruli Manurung (University of Indonesia, Indonesian) Simon Musgrave (Monash University, Australia) Tan Tien Ping (Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia) Timothy Baldwin (The University of Melbourne, Australia) Tracy Holloway King (eBay, USA)

ORGANISING COMMITTEE

I Wayan Arka (The Australian National University, Australia) David Gil (Max Planck Institute, Germany)