[Corpora-List] Ambiguous words in English and their frequency

Mike Scott mike at lexically.net
Thu Jan 26 12:51:52 CET 2012

Not forgetting the ambiguity in nearly all words, where context distinguishes e.g. in the word /meat/ ("uncooked red stuff" v. "brown stuff") or /onions/ between "ingredient" v. "crop" v. "commodity-for-trading" v. "complement for hot-dogs" etc. Quantifying that sense of ambiguity would be tricky!

Cheers -- Mike