[Corpora-List] Light Verbs in English

True Friend true.friend2004 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 15:37:49 CET 2012

Dear Corpora Members I would be very much obliged if I can get some good advice on this topic "Light Verbs in English". As some languages of the world (including my language Urdu) has this phenomenon where "noun + verb" compounds can be used as verbs, where verb part is more or less a show piece and main semantic role is given to the noun part. So this phenomenon can also enter in the non-native English variety spoken in Pakistan i.e. Pakistani English. But before starting the investigation, I need some good literature review and any possible previous studies which had focus on non-native Englishes and Light verbs (that might be Indian English etc.). Thanks a lot for taking time to read this email. Best Regards

-- *Muhammad Shakir Aziz* *محمد شاکر عزیز* *Master in Applied Linguistics Translator, Course Developer, Linguist for Urdu, Punjabi and English* Urdu:- http://awaz-e-dost.blogspot.com/ English:- http://linguisticslearner.blogspot.com/ Facebook:- http://www.facebook.com/truefriend2004 Skype:- true_friend2004 -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 2618 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20120121/9cdbd854/attachment.txt>