* Company Overview: Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information visit www.motorola.com/mobility
* Job Title: Machine Learning / Data Mining Researcher
* Location: Libertyville, IL 60048
* Basic Qualifications: Minimum Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computational Linguistics, or related degree. Ph.D. preferred
* Department Overview: The Applied Research Center (ARC) is the corporate research organization of Motorola Mobility. We are tasked with ensuring that Motorola’s business units have the technology, intellectual property, and assets to address growing opportunities in new market spaces as well as participating in the broader academic research community. ARC is helping build the next generation of personal and social entertainment experiences that will power Motorola Mobility’s products in the future.
The Predictive Analytics team leads ARC's research in the analysis of behavioral, content, and contextual data. The team conducts research in such areas as machine learning, natural language processing, information retrieval, data mining, recommender systems and user profiling, in a collaborative environment with other leading researchers from a variety of fields, as well as software developers, system architects, business representatives, and end user customers. The team invents and develops cutting edge algorithms, analytics, and applications to advance the state-of-the-art and shape future products for Motorola Mobility.
* Job Description: The candidate will be involved in projects employing advanced aspects of machine learning, data mining, and statistical natural language processing, involving large data sets from a variety of domains. The successful candidate will become part of the Predictive Analytics team, focusing on advanced research in analytics for Motorola Mobility's Applied Research Center.
* Specific Knowledge / Skills: Significant experience in machine learning required Strong understanding of machine learning theories, principles, practices, models, algorithms, and current research C++, Java, or Python experience Experience with data mining, information retrieval, natural language processing, recommender systems a plus Experience with Hadoop/HBase a plus
* How to Apply: If you are interested, qualified, and available, please visit www.motorolacareers.com and reference job ID: 1200000J to apply. Only qualified candidates will be considered. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3192 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20120113/78d1bd17/attachment.txt>