[Corpora-List] Looking to gather a student translation corpus

Lisa N. Michaud michaudl at merrimack.edu
Wed Jan 11 22:20:23 CET 2012

My apologies for the cross-posting; I posted this on CALICO and it was suggested that I reach out to this community as well.

I am working on adapting machine translation metrics for the purpose of evaluating student-written translations from source text (both in terms of generating an overall "score" for accuracy and identifying the nature/source of errors). My current application is for students learning ancient languages, translating texts from the L2 into their L1, but I can imagine other applications as well.

What I need for the next step in this project is a large collection of translations written by students. I know that translating text is something done more with ancient/dead languages than modern languages, and my local colleagues can't really help, but I was hoping someone in this community might do exercises with his or her students that might fit the bill.

Let me know if you are interested - and thanks in advance!

Lisa

-- Dr. Lisa N. Michaud, Assistant Professor of Computer Science Merrimack College, North Andover, Massachusetts http://www.merrimack.edu/lmichaud