[Corpora-List] Looking for interpersonal communication corpora

Frederik Vaassen frederik.vaassen at ua.ac.be
Tue Jan 10 16:30:37 CET 2012

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to apply text classification techniques to interpersonal communication in a business setting. Specifically, my research has involved trying to automatically place sentences from conversations on the Interpersonal Circumplex (also known as Leary's Rose, a two-dimensional framework defined by dominance and affinity dimensions).

The data I've used to experiment on was gathered manually, and it's been sufficient for a good few experiments, but I'm looking to expand my research. For that, I need more data.

Which is why I turn to you!

Does anyone know of any corpora that contain conversations between two parties, captured in a business setting? Some examples: e-mail conversations; transcripts of face-to-face conversations, phone conversations and meetings; scripts for professional role play sessions...

Ideally, I'd like the documents to be in English or in Dutch.

I'm already aware of the Enron corpus as well as of Nelson (2000)'s Business English corpus, but it'd be great if I could find more and different data.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Frederik Vaassen CLiPS Research Center University of Antwerp, Belgium http://www.clips.ua.ac.be/~frederik