[Corpora-List] BNC dates

Mike Scott mike at lexically.net
Thu Jan 5 22:24:05 CET 2012

Does anyone have information on the text dates of the BNC (dates of publication or recording)? I have been parsing the headers and have managed to find something approximating a believable date in three-quarters of the texts, though surprised to see dates often not logged at all though sometimes visible e.g in the title. Perhaps there was at some time a log-file of some sort. Lou Burnard might know?

Reason for the request is I'm developing time-line facilities for WordSmith 6. Grateful for information on BNC in particular but also other well-established corpora.

Mike

-- Mike Scott

*** If you publish research which uses WordSmith, do let me know so I can include it at http://www.lexically.net/wordsmith/corpus_linguistics_links/papers_using_wordsmith.htm *** Aston University and Lexical Analysis Software Ltd. mike at lexically.net www.lexically.net

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 1426 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20120105/5067c4b2/attachment.txt>