[Corpora-List] Visiting Assistant/Associate/Full Professor at CUNY

Heng Ji hengji at cs.nyu.edu
Tue Jan 3 20:08:43 CET 2012

Sorry for multiple posts.

Heng -------------------------------------------- Visiting Assistant/Associate/Full Professor

The Department of Computer Science at Queens College of The City University of New York (CUNY) is pleased to announce a visiting faculty position for academic year 2012-2013, beginning September 1. This is a research-focused temporary position, and we encourage applications from candidates with a successful publication history in machine translation, speech recognition, or other research areas of natural language processing or machine learning.

Both junior and senior researchers are encouraged to apply; compensation and title are commensurate with qualifications and experience. Candidates are expected to collaborate with members of our current faculty in computational linguistics -- either on existing research projects or on new joint endeavors. If interested in teaching experience, the visiting faculty member is also invited to teach one course on a topic closely related to his or her research specialty.

The department's computational linguistics faculty, which include two current NSF CAREER Award winners, participate actively in the Ph.D. programs in computer science and linguistics, based at CUNY Graduate Center. These faculty members have active research grants from the NSF, DARPA, the Army Research Lab, and the Air Force Office of Scientific Research. More information about the growing research community in computational linguistics across CUNY is available on this website: http://nlpatcuny.cs.qc.cuny.edu/

Qualifying candidates must have an earned Ph.D. by August 2012 in computer science, linguistics, or a closely related field, with a demonstrated research record in the areas listed above. Also required are the ability to work with Ph.D. students, interest in productive scholarship, teaching and communication skills, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.

Candidates should submit a letter of application detailing their teaching, research, and grant writing interests and experience, and a curriculum vitae to:

Dr. Matt Huenerfauth, Search Committee Chair Department of Computer Science Queens College-CUNY 65-30 Kissena Blvd. Flushing, New York 11365-1597 matthew.huenerfauth at qc.cuny.edu

Email submissions with PDF attachments are preferred. In addition, please arrange for three current letters of reference to be submitted directly by the recommenders. Review of applications will begin on March 1, 2012, and will continue until the position is filled.

CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.