Job Title: Program Manager Enterprise Search (m/f)
The Munich FAST Development Team
Our office is located in the city center. Our research and development is fully focused on search and natural language processing. We are a relatively small team that is closely tight to the MDCN (Microsoft Development Centre Norway) which is part of the Office Server Group. As part of the FAST group the focus in our team is on using natural language processing techniques to bring search technology to the next level. Building software for SharePoint and Exchange is where we started, and this investment is accelerating. With cloud computing and Office 365 come new and extremely interesting opportunities in building innovative and amazing features.
As a Program Manager at Microsoft, you'll drive the technical vision, design and implementation of next-generation software solutions. You'll transform the product vision into elegant technical designs that will ultimately turn into products used by Microsoft customers around the world. Managing feature sets throughout the product lifecycle, you'll have the chance to see your ideas and designs through to completion and high-volume delivery to customers. You will be working with other team members in the Product Teams including Software Development Engineers and Software Development Engineers in Test. You will also be responsible for authoring technical specifications, including envisaged usage cases, customer scenarios, demos for partner teams and prioritized requirements lists.
The ideal candidate is a visionary thinker with strong organization and communication skills, and with a good technical understanding that passionately owns and drives his feature through the full length of the software development lifecycle.
* Success in this position requires core PM skills such as leadership and communication, the ability to deeply engage with researchers and developers, and build collaborative working relationships with Program Management and Development organizations locally and abroad.
* You should possess exceptional analytical & problem solving skills, as well as fundamental development skills.
* Strong practical and theoretical knowledge of computational linguistics, machine learning techniques, algorithms, cloud computing, information retrieval or data mining is a differentiating plus.
* In this position you will need to demonstrate a deep and recent technical background and an extremely good grasp of software engineering principles.
* You will need experience in delivering complex product features from the ground-up and a proven ability to schedule and meet commitments through an entire product cycle.
* You should be self-motivated, proactive, and possess the demonstrated ability to come up-to-speed quickly in complex new technical domains.
* In this role, your impact & influence skills as well as cross-group and cross-discipline collaboration with colleagues around the world will be crucial to your success.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills, excellent written communication skills (English), and the ability to work well in a team environment are critically important.
* Master's degree or equivalent in computational linguistics
* Computer science or related technical disciplines with a strong background in natural language processing
* 2+ years of experience with software development
* Ability to anticipate and manage project risks and change
* Relevant working experience in at least some elements of the following: distributed systems, distributed application design, information retrieval, Microsoft server technologies such as SharePoint, SQL, Windows Server and ASP.NET
* Understanding of Software as a Service
* Confident, solution-oriented, independent worker, comfortable working at all levels of an organization
* Dynamic presenter and facilitator skills; experience in presenting to senior management
* Excellent leadership, communication, and influencing skills: demonstrated ability to drive non-reporting and geographically distributed cross-functional groups to perform.
* Learning and insight into how the world's largest software company develops products
* A continued focus on research with close ties to external research projects
* Unique training resources from a huge internal catalog
* A chance to learn from and collaborate with super talented co-workers - both locally and across the globe.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.
-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 12221 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20121219/a6418bdb/attachment.txt>