[Corpora-List] Difference in POS tag distribution in different genres

Karin Cavallin karin.cavallin at ling.gu.se
Wed Dec 12 11:00:46 CET 2012

Does anyone know of any study of the difference in (and an analysis of the reasons) part-of-speech tag distribution in different genres? A quick study I made yesterday showed e.g. that my working hypothesis that there are more proper nouns in news paper text than in fiction was correct, at least on the data I examined.

Karin Cavallin PhD Student in Computational Linguistics University of Gothenburg, Sweden