[Corpora-List] python's NLTK vs R's TM

Matías Guzmán mortem.dei at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 01:04:31 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I'm not a very strong programmer but I know a bit of python and a bit of R, and I was wandering which is better for corpus work. I'm not interesting in creating any fancy language technology thingy, I just need to extract raw text from documents off and on-line, analyze them and perform some basic statistics on them. Which one would you recommend? should I use both?

Thanks,

Matías Guzmán -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 435 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20120820/63bb692c/attachment.txt>