[Corpora-List] Senior NLP Software Engineer – San Francisco, CA

David Murgatroyd dmurga at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 12:43:57 CEST 2012

http://www.basistech.com/careers/#senior-nlp-software-engineer-ca

Senior Natural Language Processing Software Engineer – San Francisco, CA Are you a talented software engineer who is ready to play a central role in the design, development and deployment of cutting edge natural language processing products? If so, Basis Technology would like to talk with you about our current opening for a Senior Natural Language Processing Software Engineer on our team in San Francisco, CA developing our document-processing SDKs. If you thrive on making advanced text analysis available for mission critical systems, then you are our ideal candidate. Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions

* Design, build and evaluate multi-lingual text analysis algorithms that are accurate, scalable and production-quality by applying both statistical and rule-based techniques

* Design, implement and test production software following principles of software engineering

* Collaborate with an Agile team and remote stakeholders to release new versions on time Qualifications

* Master’s degree in relevant subject area (e.g., computer science, computational linguistics, machine learning, information retrieval)

* 5+ years professional programming experience in Java or C/C++ or similar object-oriented language

* 3+ years professionally applying NLP / Computational Linguistics / Machine Learning

* Knowledge of Python or a similar language

* Able and willing to absorb new information quickly and switch gears easily

* Excitement for elegant ideas and high-quality implementations How to Apply Please send cover letters, resumes and inquiries to: jobs-eng at basistech.comwith “Sr. NLP Software Engineer - SF” in the subject line. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 8153 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20120809/8b6b0896/attachment.txt>