[Corpora-List] Job: Principal NLP Software Engineer – Cambridge, MA

David Murgatroyd dmurga at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 12:43:51 CEST 2012

http://www.basistech.com/careers/#principal-nlp-software-engineer-ma

Principal Natural Language Processing Software Engineer – Cambridge, MA Are you a talented software engineer who is ready to play a leading role in the design, development and deployment of cutting edge natural language processing products? If so, Basis Technology would like to talk with you about our current opening for a Principal Natural Language Processing Software Engineer, on our team in Cambridge, MA developing our name-processing SDKs. If you thrive on advancing text analysis for application in mission critical systems, then you are our ideal candidate. Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions

* Design, build and evaluate multi-lingual text analysis algorithms that are accurate, scalable and production-quality by applying both statistical (e.g., HMMs, CRFs) and rule-based (e.g., RegEx) techniques

* Design, implement and test production software following principles of software engineering

* Help lead an Agile team to release new versions on time Qualifications

* Master’s or Doctorate in relevant subject area (e.g., computer science, computational linguistics, machine learning, information retrieval)

* 7+ years professional programming experience in Java or C/C++ or similar object-oriented language

* 5+ years professionally applying NLP / Computational Linguistics / Machine Learning

* Knowledge of Python or a similar language

* Able and willing to absorb new information quickly and switch gears easily

* Excitement for elegant ideas and high-quality implementations How to Apply Please send cover letters, resumes and inquiries to: jobs-eng at basistech.com with “Principal NLP Software Engineer - Cambridge” in the subject line. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 8180 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20120809/5847e9c7/attachment.txt>