[Corpora-List] Which math.statistics criteria t-test or chi-squared?

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.ru
Tue Aug 7 12:28:34 CEST 2012

Dear Corpora members, I wonder if you could advise me which math. statistics criteria is more reliable to state the difference between two samples, that is, t-test or chi-square? I used t-test to see the difference in the occurrence of all colours in the texts of 26 British and American writers. Should I also use the chi-square criterion to substantiate the difference between two samples or t-test is reliable enough? Looking forward to hearing from you to yutamb at mail.ru Remain yours sincerely Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 890 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20120807/2da6d2aa/attachment.txt>