[Corpora-List] Please advise: Visual XML-editor

Orasan, Constantin C.Orasan at wlv.ac.uk
Mon Aug 6 11:59:04 CEST 2012

Hi Yulia,

I think PALinkA could be appropriate for your task. Have a look at http://clg.wlv.ac.uk/trac/palinka/ and do not hesitate to contact me if you need any help.

Best regards,

Constantin

---- Dr. Constantin Orasan, PhD <C.Orasan at wlv.ac.uk> Senior Lecturer in Computational Linguistics Deputy Head of the Research Group in Computational Linguistics Research Group in Computational Linguistics http://www.wlv.ac.uk/~in6093/ University of Wolverhampton, UK

-----Original Message----- From: corpora-bounces at uib.no [mailto:corpora-bounces at uib.no] On Behalf Of Yulia Badryzlova Sent: 02 August 2012 06:20 To: corpora at uib.no Subject: [Corpora-List] Please advise: Visual XML-editor

Dear list members,

I'm looking for an XML-editor or any other tool to visualize the process of adding tags in manual annotation.

We have a collection of XHTML documents that contain POS-tagged texts (in Russian).

We want to further manually annotate these texts with a set of additional tags. The annotators are philologists who find it difficult to work with code.

We would appreciate if someone could advise us a tool, such as a visual XML-editor, that allows you to use visualized tags in one click. For example, each tag from out tagset is assigned a colour, and highlighting a word in the text you add the tag which belongs to this colour.

Thank you.

Yulia Badryzlova (Yekaterinburg, Russia)