[Corpora-List] English confusables

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Fri Aug 3 11:47:26 CEST 2012

Hi Simon

You may find useful information in

http://www.heroturko.me/ebooks/829758-collins-cobuild-english-guides-confusable-words.html

best

Ramesh Krishnamurthy

Visiting Academic Fellow

Aston University

Message: 4 Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 14:47:39 +0000 From: "Carter, Simon" <S.C.Carter at uva.nl> Subject: Re: [Corpora-List] English confusables To: Linda Bawcom <linda.bawcom at sbcglobal.net> Cc: "corpora at uib.no" <corpora at uib.no>

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your respoinse. To qualify my initial request, I should state that I would like such information in a machine readable format (i.e single file which I can process with bash/python/perl/etc....). I'm a bit too lazy to effectively crawl those sites right now (and am not sure what my/their rights are in that respect).

FYI, so far I've come across this site which has been helpful:

http://www.dcs.bbk.ac.uk/~ROGER/corpora.html

Not all confusables, but they can be pruned using an existing dictionary.

If anyone knows of any more i'd still appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,

Simon