[Corpora-List] Please advise: Visual XML-editor

Paul Johnston paul.johnston at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Aug 2 09:40:25 CEST 2012

Hi

I like Oxygen (http://www.oxygenxml.com/)

You can try the trial version and see if it fits your needs before buying.

Paul

Everyone agreed that Clevinger was certain to go far in the academic world. (p91)

Paul Johnston W1.19 Samuel Alexander Building Manchester University 0161-306-3327 (63327) Mobile Short Code 7763327 http://servalan.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/users/mcasspj/

-----Original Message----- From: corpora-bounces at uib.no [mailto:corpora-bounces at uib.no] On Behalf Of Yulia Badryzlova Sent: 02 August 2012 06:20 To: corpora at uib.no Subject: [Corpora-List] Please advise: Visual XML-editor

Dear list members,

I'm looking for an XML-editor or any other tool to visualize the process of adding tags in manual annotation.

We have a collection of XHTML documents that contain POS-tagged texts (in Russian).

We want to further manually annotate these texts with a set of additional tags. The annotators are philologists who find it difficult to work with code.

We would appreciate if someone could advise us a tool, such as a visual XML-editor, that allows you to use visualized tags in one click. For example, each tag from out tagset is assigned a colour, and highlighting a word in the text you add the tag which belongs to this colour.

Thank you.

Yulia Badryzlova (Yekaterinburg, Russia)