[Corpora-List] Please advise: Visual XML-editor

Yulia Badryzlova yuliya.badryzlova at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 07:20:10 CEST 2012

Dear list members,

I'm looking for an XML-editor or any other tool to visualize the process of adding tags in manual annotation.

We have a collection of XHTML documents that contain POS-tagged texts (in Russian).

We want to further manually annotate these texts with a set of additional tags. The annotators are philologists who find it difficult to work with code.

We would appreciate if someone could advise us a tool, such as a visual XML-editor, that allows you to use visualized tags in one click. For example, each tag from out tagset is assigned a colour, and highlighting a word in the text you add the tag which belongs to this colour.

Thank you.

Yulia Badryzlova (Yekaterinburg, Russia)