[Corpora-List] Corpora suitable for studying VP ellipsis

Gerlof Bouma gerlof.bouma at gu.se
Fri Apr 13 12:59:37 CEST 2012

Hello Alan,

There's the annotated VPE corpus by Bos & Spenader, described here:

Bos, Johan and Jennifer Spenader. 2011. An annotated corpus for the analysis of VP ellipsis. Language Resources and Evaluation 45(4): 463--494. See http://www.springerlink.com/content/30411x118u560431/

Best, Gerlof

________________________________ From: corpora-bounces at uib.no [corpora-bounces at uib.no] on behalf of Alan Hogue [eahogue at gmail.com] Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 2:58 AM To: corpora Subject: [Corpora-List] Corpora suitable for studying VP ellipsis

Hello,

I wonder if anyone knows of any corpora which are suitable for studying VP ellipsis. This would involve annotation which identifies missing VPs and some indication of their antecedents. I'm mainly interested in English, but if there are resources for other languages I'd like to hear about that as well.

More generally, are there corpora which annotate other types of anaphoric relations, such as pronouns, etc.?

Thanks! Alan Hogue

-- Dr. G.J. (Gerlof) Bouma Institutionen för svenska språket / Språkbanken Göteborgs universitet http://spraakbanken.gu.se/personal/gerlof