[Corpora-List] Job: Language Engineer (Janya Inc.)

John Chen jchen2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 15:07:37 CEST 2012

Job Description:

Janya Inc., located in suburban Buffalo, New York, is a leader in technology pertaining to natural language processing, multilingual text mining and machine learning. We are seeking a language engineer to (i) participate in government sponsored R&D efforts, and (ii) enhance our text analytics platform by adding new language processing capabilities or customizing existing capabilities based on customer requirements. This person must be familiar with grammatical rules and/or statistical modeling, and have experience in commercial, production-quality NLP systems. This position, which is open to US citizens only, is based in Buffalo, NY. Positions may also be available in Dayton, OH and Rome, NY. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Janya offers a generous benefits package that includes health insurance, 401 (k) plan and vacation time.

Requirements:

o BS or MS in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics or Computer Science o 3-5 years hands-on experience in development of large-scale text processing systems o Expertise with scripting languages, programming required o Linux and Windows development experience o Must be able to communicate effectively and routinely with customers, teammates, and partners o US citizen

For immediate consideration, please send a MS Word or PDF version of your resume to careers at janya.com. IMPORTANT: The subject field of your email must include Language Engineer.