[Corpora-List] Community-driven corpus building

James Murphy james.murphy-2 at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 18:25:40 CEST 2011

>You have already ``donated'' this text ... to the list's archive

Very true, but these texts which we are all donating are of a particular genre. With an application of this type, a variety of topics, genres, domains (however you want to describe it), could be represented - although I would accept not necessarily emanating from the broadest group of donors.

I, therefore, remain excited! James

________________________________________ From: corpora-bounces at uib.no [corpora-bounces at uib.no] on behalf of Trevor Jenkins [trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com] Sent: 14 April 2011 16:52 To: Corpora list Subject: Re: [Corpora-List] Community-driven corpus building

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, Martin Reynaert <reynaert at uvt.nl> wrote:

> What Stefan defines here appears to me to be a killer application for
> corpus building.

Jumps up and down excitedly ... then realises he'd forget the existence of such a button (and the app behind) after a few days.

> ... donating this very text ...

You have already ``donated'' this text ... to the list's archive.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!