[Corpora-List] mmorph tool

Francis Tyers ftyers at prompsit.com
Thu Apr 14 13:19:50 CEST 2011

El dj 14 de 04 de 2011 a les 11:35 +0200, en/na Fco. Mario Barcala Rodríguez va escriure:
> Hello all:
>
> I would like to know if someone else is using mmorph tool for morphology
> analysis or any other purpose.
>
> The problem with this powerful tool is that is unmaintained and is being
> removed from all Linux distros. I'm trying to contact with the developer but
> there are still no answer. We are using it on several projects for years and
> thinking about maintain it by ourselves, but... Is there in this forum any more
> interested on this tool? Anyone uses this tool? Perhaps any other similar
> alternative?

There is HFST,[1] which is a free reimplementation of the Xerox two-level and rewrite rule formalisms along with the lexc lexicon formalism.

If you have any questions, let me know -- I have written some documentation so that beginners can get up to speed quickly.

Fran