[Corpora-List] AntConc 3.2.2 released for Windows and Mac OS X

William Fletcher fletcher at usna.edu
Wed Apr 13 15:47:09 CEST 2011

One way to avoid the problem of assigning different ranks to items with the same frequency is to use "shared ranks" instead, so that all items with the same frequency have the same rank.

Shared rank is the mean of the lowest index (=position in list) and the highest index of items with the same frequency.

In Michal's example all items would have the rank 500.5 (1 + 1000) / 2

Bill Fletcher