[Corpora-List] AntConc 3.2.2 released for Windows and Mac OS X

Laurence Anthony anthony0122 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 17:18:44 CEST 2011

Hi Trevor,

> I couldn't find the OS X version of 3.2.2 (only 3.2.0) on the web page.

Did you refresh your page? You may still be looking at an old cached version.

>> > This is very good news, but, do you plan on distributing the new
>> > version for Linux as well? Shouldn't be much of a problem if it
>> > compiles under OSX.
>
> Totally different approaches to the GUI.

The Linux version will look just like the X11 OS X version. Sorry OS X people! Native OS X apps are not easy with the programming environment I'm using . But AntWordProfiler runs natively on OS X.

>> I'm getting around to it. I was hoping to dual (or triple) boot my Mac
>> to avoid having to carry around three
>> computers for testing, but it's not so simple.
>
> Why boot? Why not setup a virtual machine environment for testing the
> Windows and Linux versions?

Alon gave me a similar tip. I'm setting up VirtualBox right now.

Laurence.