[Corpora-List] All English Text Messaging Corpus?

Vivian Tsang vyctsang at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Apr 11 17:07:06 CEST 2011

Shrug. I'm writing to support the argument against Rich. Patent claims
> have nothing to with text messaging; they're entirely different. If I
> asked for information about cookbooks and recipes and someone steered me to
> their collection of movie reviews, I wouldn't find that helpful at all.

But the original request was for text message corpus that is *not* "a collection of someone's personal (and/or family/friends') messages."

Are text messaging ever not a collection of personal messages?

I can't help but wonder if a negation of personal text messages is simply a corpus of text messages fit for reading in the work context. Wouldn't that be work emails? Patent negotiations sound like a subset of that.

Perhaps the originator needs to narrow down the requirements: what do you mean by text messages that are not personal? If you only want non-personal content, wouldn't any corpus do the trick? Why text messages? -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 1263 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20110411/a3198357/attachment.txt>