[Corpora-List] Looking for Text Corpora for emotion analysis(list of emotion words with classification)

michael_muller at us.ibm.com michael_muller at us.ibm.com
Fri May 28 15:25:46 CEST 2010

One candidate is the General Inquirer project at http://www.wjh.harvard.edu/~inquirer/ . This project uses the Harvard-Lasswell scales to analyze many concepts including affect categories, in the general structure of "sentiment analysis."

==michael ----- Michael Muller IBM Research, One Rogers Street, Cambridge, MA, USA 02142 michael_muller at us.ibm.com

Mohammad Fazleh Elahi <mohammadfazlehelahi at gmail.com> Sent by: corpora-bounces at uib.no 05/28/2010 08:06 AM

To corpora at uib.no cc

Subject [Corpora-List] Looking for Text Corpora for emotion analysis(list of emotion words with classification)

I m looking for Text Corpus for emotion analysis.More specificaly list of emotion words. If there is classifciation of strenght like strong emotion word,Medium emotion word,light emotion word then that is better for my work. I have checked the following sources: 1.SentWordNet http://sentiwordnet.isti.cnr.it/ I found Senti word with polarity..positive..negative etc.But there is no classification of list of emotion words. 2.SemEval 2007 http://www.cse.unt.edu/~rada/affectivetext/#datasets There are list of words in seperate file of 6 basic emotions like anger,fear,disgust etc. This corpora is ok but it covers only very basic emtotions. 3.WordNet Domains ..HLT group in FBK http://wndomains.fbk.eu/wnaffect.html the emotion are classified by positve.negative.neutral. I already requested for the corpora still waiting for respeonse. 4.Google 'list of emotion words' I got couple of them but they are not reliable.

It will be nice if anyone suggest me that.

Mohammad Fazleh Elahi Master in Language and Communication Technology