[Corpora-List] Xerox - Two Research Scientists - Machine Learning and Machine Translation

Nicola Cancedda nicola.cancedda at xrce.xerox.com
Fri May 7 15:32:43 CEST 2010

Apologies for multiple posting -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Positions: Two Research Scientists, Machine Translation and Machine Learning

The Cross-Language Technologies (CLT) group of the Xerox Research Centre Europe conducts research in Statistical Machine Translation and Cross-Language Information Retrieval, Categorization and Clustering using and extending advanced machine learning methods. The team is part of the PASCAL 2 European Network of Excellence, ensuring a strong network of academic collaboration. We are opening two positions for researchers interested in Statistical Machine Translation. For the first position, we are looking for a candidate with a strong Machine Learning background; for the second position for a candidate with a strong Statistical Machine Translation (SMT), or statistical Natural Language Processing (NLP) background.

Required experience and qualifications.

For the first position:

* PhD in computer science, statistics or mathematics with focus on

Machine Learning. * Acquaintance with SMT or NLP is a plus.

For the second position:

* PhD in computer science or computational linguistics with focus on

SMT or statistical NLP. * Acquaintance with Machine Learning is a plus.

For both positions:

* Strong publication record and evidence of implementing systems. * A good command of English, as well as open-mindedness and the will

to collaborate within a team.

Expected starting date: September 2010 Duration: 18 months

Application instructions

Please email your CV and covering letter, with message subject "Cross-Language Technologies Researcher" to xrce-candidates and to nicola dot cancedda at xrce.xerox.com. Inquiries can be sent to nicola dot cancedda at xrce.xerox.com.

XRCE is a highly innovative place and we strongly encourage publication and interaction with the scientific community. About XRCE The Xerox Research Centre Europe (XRCE) is a young, dynamic research organization, which aims at creating innovative document technologies to support growth in Xerox content and document management services across the different Xerox businesses XRCE is both a multicultural and multidisciplinary organization set in Grenoble, France. Our domains of research stretch from the social sciences to computing. We have renowned expertise in natural language applications, work practice studies, image-based document processing, distributed applications and knowledge management agents. The diversity of culture and disciplines at XRCE makes it an interesting and stimulating environment to work in, leading to often unexpected discoveries! XRCE is part of the Xerox Innovation group made up of 800 researchers and engineers in four world-renowned research and technology centres. Xerox is an equal opportunity employer. XRCE ensures equal opportunities for all.

The "Charte de la diversite'", adopted by Xerox, proves our engagement in favour of cultural, ethnic and social diversity. The Grenoble site is set in a park in the heart of the French Alps in a stunning location only a few kilometers from the city centre. The city of Grenoble has a large scientific community made up of national research institutes (CNRS, Universities, INRIA) and private industries. Stimulated also by the presence of a large student community, Grenoble has become a resolutely modern city, with a rich heritage and a vibrant cultural scene. It is a lively and cosmopolitan place, offering a host of leisure opportunities. Winter sports resorts just half an hour from campus and three natural parks at the city limits make running, skiing, trekking, climbing and paragliding easily available. Grenoble is close to both the Swiss and Italian borders.