[Corpora-List] Corpora with annotated definite, indefinite and generic noun phrases

Klutsch, Angela angela.klutsch at uni-due.de
Wed Apr 7 09:08:41 CEST 2010

Dear Corpora List-members,

For my PhD, I am searching for a corpus with annotated definite, indefinite and generic noun phrases in German (or English).

Do you know some corpora and treebanks preferably in German, where definite, indefinite and generic noun phrases are annotated?

I already know the TIGER treebank, but there are two problems with TIGER. First TIGER does not distinguish between definite and indefinite articles or definite, indefinite and generic noun phrases, so I would have to annotate on my own. Second the TIGER corpus only contains articles of newspapers. The amount of generic noun phrases in the TIGER corpus is much too small. A corpus which contains other types of texts (i.e. encyclopaedic entries, probably wikipedia) would be better for my research, because in such texts there are much more generic noun phrases.

If you know a corpus that probably helps me or have a hint, please answer. I am looking forward to hear from you.

Angela Klutsch

----- Dipl.-Inform. Angela Klutsch Computational Linguistics University of Duisburg-Essen Lotharstr. 65, LF 116

D-47057 Duisburg E-Mail: angela.klutsch at uni-due.de <mailto:angela.klutsch at uni-due.de>

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 3676 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20100407/f52bd98d/attachment.txt>