[Corpora-List] English Nouns Classification

True Friend true.friend2004 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 05:45:45 CEST 2010

Hi I am studying English di-transitive constructions (verb + O(indirect) + O(direct) etc). The main aim is to explore kinds of nouns occurring at Object(direct) and Object(indirect) positions after a di-transitive verb. For this purpose I need a list of English nouns which classify them semantically or by their domain of usage. I've tried to use WordNet 3.0 to retrieve Domain information but most nouns does not have any such information. Perhaps WordNet 3.0 is not very much useful for any such task. I wanted to ask if there is a resource available as mentioned above which I can use to tag the semantic categories of nouns occurring at Object positions. Regards

-- Muhammad Shakir Aziz محمد شاکر عزیز -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 783 bytes Desc: not available URL: <https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20100407/1fe5e58c/attachment.txt>