[Corpora-List] Final CFP: Slavic Cognitive Linguistics Conference (SCLC-2009) in Prague, October 15-17, 2009

Steven Clancy sclancy
Fri Apr 10 14:49:22 CEST 2009

THE 2009 SLAVIC COGNITIVE LINGUISTICS CONFERENCE (SCLC-2009) October 15-17, 2009

EXTENDED DEADLINE: APRIL 15, 2009

NOTE TO ICLC PARTICIPANTS: We would like to encourage those of you who had planned to participate in the ICLC-2009 conference in Berkeley to consider joining us in Prague in October. Among affiliate organizations of the ICLA, the SCLA is unique in that it is not a national organization of cognitive linguists, but rather an international group of cognitive linguists concerned with research on Slavic languages. We also accept papers on topics dealing with other languages of Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and Central Asia. If you would like to submit your ICLC abstract on a topic related to the concerns of the SCLA for our conference, please follow the submission guidelines below and indicate that your abstract was accepted to the ICLC in your submission email. The SCLC is usually a small conference of around 30 papers, but we will do our best to accommodate additional presentations this year.

The Slavic Cognitive Linguistics Association (SCLA) announces the final call for papers for the 2009 Slavic Cognitive Linguistics Conference (SCLC-2009), October 15-17, 2009. We are very pleased to hold SCLC-2009 in conjunction with the Department of Czech Language and Theory of Communication of the Faculty of Arts, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic. Full information about the conference may be found at the official conference website (http://ucjtk.ff.cuni.cz/sclc/sclc_eng.htm ).

Papers concerning all aspects of Slavic languages (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, sociolinguistics, as well as broadly cultural or literary topics) from the perspective of cognitive linguistics are welcome. We also accept papers on topics dealing with other languages of Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, and Central Asia. Abstracts may be submitted up until the extended deadline of April 15, 2009 to Steven Clancy <sclancy at uchicago.edu

>. Abstracts should be approximately 500 words, but strict word limits are not required. Notification of acceptance will be provided by May 31, 2009. Please see the official conference website (http://ucjtk.ff.cuni.cz/sclc/sclc_eng.htm ) for more details.

We hope you will be able to join us in Prague for SCLC-2009. Please forward this call for papers to your colleagues and graduate students who may be interested in presenting or attending.

All the best,

Steven Clancy

Steven Clancy Tore Nesset President, SCLA Vice-President, SCLA on behalf of the SCLC-2009 organizing committee

Team of organizers in Prague:

Mgr. Jan Chromý (chief coordinator) doc. PhDr. Ivana Bozd?chová, CSc. Veronika ?urdová PhDr. Jas?a Pacovská, CSc. PhDr. Lucie Saicová ?ímalová, Ph.D. PhDr. Lucie ??chová doc. PhDr. Irena Va?ková, CSc.

Pre-Conference Workshop in Corpus and Experimental Methods at SCLC-2009 in Prague October 15, 2009

We also plan to organize a one-day pre-conference workshop on corpus linguistics, experimental methods and statistical analysis. This will take place on October 15, 2009 before the start of the main SCLC-2009 conference. More details forthcoming at the SCLA website (http://languages.uchicago.edu/scla/ ). -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 4555 bytes Desc: not available Url : https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20090410/35b89efb/attachment.txt