[Corpora-List] Corpus size and accuracy of frequency listings

Georgios Mikros gmikros
Fri Apr 3 18:01:00 CEST 2009

Dear Mark, You may find useful a paper I wrote few year ago regarding the effect of text size in corpus development. Among others I measured whether words coming from diverse frequency strata behave differently in subcorpora controlled for text size. The citation is: Mikros, G. (2002). Quantitative parameters in corpus design: Estimating the optimum text size in Modern Greek language. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2002), Vol.3, pp. 834-838. Best George Mikros