[Corpora-List] Looking for a parallel concordancer

Scott Piao scott.piao at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Oct 24 13:07:32 CEST 2008

Hi Montserrat,

I have put a toolkit which includes a concordancer at http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/scott.piao/research/DownLoad/download.htm

Although it is not specifically designed for parallel corpus, it can extract concordance lines of translations using regular expression queries. For example, put the translation sentences side by side in the corpus, then give query like: (expression)|(translation_of_expression)

then the tool will list the sentences containing these two word/expressions translations. More complex search is possible using similar regular expressions.

Hope this will help.

Scott Piao -------------------------------- National Centre for Text Mining The School of Computer Science The University of Manchester.