[Corpora-List] Syntactic Parser for German

Sandra Kuebler skuebler at indiana.edu
Wed Oct 22 16:37:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

That mostly depends on how you define 'robust' and what kind of spoken data you work with. My suggestion would be to use either lopar or bitpar. These are trainable parsers, developed by Helmut Schmid (Stuttgart) and can be downloaded from the following webpages:

http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/tcl/SOFTWARE/LoPar.html http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/tcl/SOFTWARE/BitPar.html

Then you could train them on the Tuebingen Treebank for Spoken German (developed in Verbmobil, i.e. you get dialog data), which you get for free after signing the license from the following webpage:

http://www.sfs.uni-tuebingen.de/en_tuebads.shtml

You would have to write your own scripts to extract the grammar from this treebank, though.

Sandra