[Corpora-List] (no subject)

P Resnik psresnik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 16:00:18 CEST 2008

A new dissertation on this topic -- and in fact involving some experimentation specifically using texts on capital punishment -- was completed recently:

Stephan Greene, *Spin: Lexical Semantics, Transitivity, and the Identification of Implicit Sentiment*. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Department of Linguistics, University of Maryland, 2007. http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~sgreene/SGreeneDissertationFinalDist.pdf

A one-page dissertation abstract is at http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~sgreene/SGreeneDissertationFinalDist-Abstract.pdf .

More generally, you'll want to see the excellent and very comprehensive monograph recently published by Bo Pang and Lillian Lee:

* http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/llee/opinion-mining-sentiment-analysis-survey.html *

Philip

resnik at umd.edu