[Corpora-List] trying to parse crossing dependencies

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 02:11:58 CEST 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Jason Eisner <jason at cs.jhu.edu> wrote:
> If you like, I can answer on the list with pointers to the general
> algorithmic techniques for parsing with crossing dependencies.
~

Please! ~
> Or are you looking for techniques to
> handle the particular kinds of crossing dependencies that Stabler
> discusses?
~

I am actually looking for general and optimal ways to handle these types of issues, which I think creates other types of dimensionalities/dependencies in parse trees. I just included that link as a way to clarify what meant (which is not always clear when you don't know/are asking) ~

I always wondered about how do you parse trennbare Verben in German, which to me, even if not the same kind of problem, does relate to "crossing dependencies" somehow ~

lbrtchx