ACL-IJCNLP-09: Call for Tutorial Proposals
Proposals are invited for the Tutorial Program of the 47th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics and the 4th International Joint Conference on Natural Language Processing of the Asian Federation of Natural Language Processing. The conference is to be held from August 2 to August 7, 2009. The tutorials will be held on Sunday, August 2.
Proposals for tutorials on all topics of computational linguistics and speech processing are sought. Especially encouraged are tutorials that educate the community about advancements in cross-disciplinary areas such as machine learning and cognitive approaches as they relate to computational linguistics, as well as tutorials that span multiple areas of human language processing.
Information on the tutorial instructor payment policy can be found at http://aclweb.org/aclwiki/index.php?title=Tutorial_teacher_payment_policy
PLEASE NOTE: Remuneration for Tutorial presenters is fixed according to the above policy and does not cover registration fees for the main conference.
Proposals for tutorials should contain:
1. A title and brief description of the tutorial content and its relevance to the ACL community (not more than 2 pages).
2. A brief outline of the tutorial structure showing that the tutorial's core content can be covered in a three-hour slot (including a coffee break). In exceptional cases six-hour tutorial slots are available as well.
3. The names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the tutorial instructors, including a one-paragraph statement of their research interests and areas of expertise.
4. A list of previous venues and approximate audience sizes, if the same or a similar tutorial has been given elsewhere; otherwise an estimate of the audience size.
5. A description of special requirements for technical equipment (e.g., internet access).
Proposals should be submitted by electronic mail, in plain ASCII text no later than February 2, 2009 to tutorials-acl09 "at" sussex "dot" ac "dot" uk
The subject line should be: "ACL-IJCNLP 2009: TUTORIAL PROPOSAL".
PLEASE NOTE: 1) Proposals will not be accepted by regular mail or fax.
2) You will receive an email confirmation from us that your proposal has been received. If you do not receive this confirmation 24 hours after sending the proposal, please contact us personally using both emails dianam "at" sussex "dot" ac "dot" uk and cqzong "at" gmail "dot" com
TUTORIAL SPEAKER RESPONSIBILITIES
Accepted tutorial speakers will be notified by March 2, 2009, and must then provide abstracts of their tutorials for inclusion in the conference registration material by April 24, 2009. The description should be in two formats: an ASCII version that can be included in email announcements and published on the conference web site, and a PDF version for inclusion in the electronic proceedings (detailed instructions will be given). Tutorial speakers must provide tutorial materials, at least containing copies of the course slides as well as a bibliography for the material covered in the tutorial, by June 7, 2009.
Submission deadline for tutorial proposals: February 2, 2009
Notification of acceptance: March 2, 2009
Tutorial descriptions due: April 24, 2009
Tutorial course material due: June 7, 2009
Tutorial date: August 2, 2009
Diana McCarthy, University of Sussex, UK
Chengqing Zong Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CASIA), China
Please send inquiries concerning ACL-09 tutorials to tutorials-acl09 "at" sussex "dot" ac "dot" uk