[Corpora-List] Selection criterias for choosing POS-tagger

omar trigui trigui.omar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 18:01:33 CET 2008

Hello,

I work on the generation of star schema diagrams (data warehouse) from analytical requirements written in English. I prepared a grammar to guide the decision maker in writing its analytical requirements and I want to develop a component to check if these requirements are written in conformity with the grammar which I developed. My idea is to use a pos tagger to tag each word in the requirement specification and then check if the result of tagging is in agreement with the grammar. In the literature I found several POS tagger (qtag, stanford pos tagger…) and several approaches… My question is there somebody who can help me to: (1) choose the POS tagger which is appropriate to my context (2) guide me or give me some guidelines in justifying this choice. Thank you in advance for your help.

Fahmi bargui Phd-student MIR at CL laboratory, TUNISIA. -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: text/html Size: 1019 bytes Desc: not available Url : https://mailman.uib.no/public/corpora/attachments/20081128/c460fcf8/attachment.txt