[Corpora-List] Participants needed for an online study

jette viethen jettte at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 01:00:10 CET 2008

Dear Corpora Reader,

As part of my PhD research in natural language generation, I am conducting an online data gathering experiment where I ask participants to describe simple objects in small scenes. The purpose of the experiment is to collect a corpus of referring expressions in order to study how people describe these objects in specific environments.

If you are a native English speaker, I'd be really grateful if you would participate in the experiment; it takes no longer than 10-15 minutes to complete.

Here is the website of the study: http://www.ics.mq.edu.au/~jviethen/experiment/

There is a (very short) instruction page at the beginning which I would ask you to read very carefully.

I'd also be grateful if you would forward this link to other people who might be interested in participating.

Many thanks in advance for your time,

Jette Viethen Macquarie University, Sydney

-- "The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." - Lucille Ball