[Corpora-List] source attribution

bergler at cse.concordia.ca bergler at cse.concordia.ca
Thu Nov 20 20:41:26 CET 2008

Hi,

while it may not be exactly what you are looking for, there is some relevant old work on source attribution for reported speech and a recent application that deals with the respective belief spaces:

Sabine Bergler 1992. The Evidential Analysis of Reported Speech. PhD Dissertation, Brandeis University, Massachusetts.

Sabine Bergler 1995. From Lexical Semantics to Text Analysis, in P. Saint-Dizier and E. Viegas (eds), Computational Lexical Semantics , Cambridge,UK:Cambridge University Press.

R. Krestel, R. Witte, and S. Bergler 2007. Processing of Beliefs Extracted from Reported Speech in Newspaper Articles. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing (RANLP 2007), September 27 - 29, 2007, Borovets, Bulgaria.

Ralf Krestel, Sabine Bergler and Rene Witte 2008. Minding the Source: Automatic Tagging of Reported Speech in Newspaper Articles. In Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2008), Marrakech, Morocco, May 2008. Poster presentation.

Sabine