[Corpora-List] State-of-the-art POS tagging results

Nizar Habash habash at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Nov 18 16:37:53 CET 2008

Hi

Please also check the results from the CADIM group at Columbia on morphological disambiguation (POS tagging) for Arabic:

Roth, Ryan, Owen Rambow, Nizar Habash, Mona Diab, and Cynthia Rudin. Arabic Morphological Tagging, Diacritization, and Lemmatization Using Lexeme Models and Feature Ranking. In Proceedings of Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), Columbus, Ohio. 2008.

Diab, Mona. Towards an optimal POS tag set for Modern Standard Arabic Processing. Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing (RANLP), Borovets, Bulgaria, 2007.

Diab, Mona, Kadri Hacioglu and Daniel Jurafsky. Automated Methods for Processing Arabic Text: From Tokenization to Base Phrase Chunking. Book Chapter. In Arabic Computational Morphology: Knowledge-based and Empirical Methods. Editors Antal van den Bosch and Abdelhadi Soudi. Kluwer/Springer Publications, 2007.

Habash, Nizar and Rambow, Owen, 2007. Arabic Diacritization through Full Morphological Tagging. In Human Language Technologies 2007: The Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL HLT 2007); Companion Volume, Short Papers. [PDF]

Habash, Nizar and Owen Rambow. Arabic Tokenization, Morphological Analysis, and Part-of-Speech Tagging in One Fell Swoop. In Proceedings of the Conference of American Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL05). [PDF]

Diab, Mona, Kadri Hacioglu and Daniel Jurafsky. Automatic Tagging of Arabic Text: From Raw Text to Base Phrase Chunks. Proceedings of Human Language Technology-North American Association for Computational Linguistics (HLT-NAACL), 2004.

Nizar