[Corpora-List] [CLLT/CORPORA] help with world Englishes

Eric Atwell eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 14:37:39 CET 2008

Marcia,

I have collected 200,000-word samples of English-language text from websites from 90 different countries around the world, including many where English is L2, and all your specfied variants except Scottish English (Scotland does not have its own Top Level Domain, unfortunately).

Is this any use to you?

Eric Atwell, Leeds University

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Marcia Veirano wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I'm currently carrying out research on world Englishes and was wondering
> if anybody could help me find corpora (that could be analysed by computer
> programmes such as WordSmith Tools) that are representative of American,
> Irish, Australian, Scottish and Canadian English and of English as L2.
>
> Thank you very much for your help,
>
> Marcia

-- Eric Atwell,

Senior Lecturer, Language research group, School of Computing,

Faculty of Engineering, UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS, Leeds LS2 9JT, England

TEL: 0113-3435430 FAX: 0113-3435468 WWW/email: google Eric Atwell