[Corpora-List] source attribution

Asad Sayeed asayeed at umiacs.umd.edu
Mon Nov 17 20:15:21 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm working on a project that involves source attribution. In particular, I have a predetermined list of topics (at least for starters) and I want to find out, for each document in a corpus, who expressed an opinion about that topic. ie, "X talked about Y".

My own searches have found that a lot of the work on source attribution seems to be about attributing the source of an entire nearby proposition, not merely a (potentially indirect) relationship to some topic mentioned in the document.

However, I was wondering if anyone on this list had any suggestions of where to look for existing current work on this, as I'm likely to have missed something.

Yours, --Asad.