[Corpora-List] State-of-the-art POS tagging results

Khalil Simaan k.simaan at uva.nl
Fri Nov 14 15:39:39 CET 2008

Hi, Hebrew and Arabic may count under ``morphologically complex languages".

For Hebrew have a look at:

Roy Bar-Haim, Khalil Sima'an and Yoad Winter. Part-of-Speech Tagging of Modern Hebrew Text. In Journal of Natural Language Engineering (J-NLE) <http://www.cambridge.org/journals/journal_catalogue.asp?mnemonic=nle>, 14(2):223-251, 2008.

the work extended for Arabic:

Saib Mansour, Khalil Sima'an and Yoad Winter. Smoothing a Lexicon-based POS tagger for Arabic and Hebrew. In proceedings of ACL 2007 Workshop on Computational Approaches to Semitic Languages: Common Issues and Resources. Prague, Czech Republic, 2007.

Best regards Khalil Sima'an University of Amsterdam