[Corpora-List] frequent collocations

Geoffrey Sampson grs2 at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 11:56:05 CET 2008

Tina,

Do you know vol. 2 of Stig Johansson and Knut Hofland's "Frequency Analysis of English Vocab and Grammar" (Oxford, 1989)? Not very "recent", but rather full information. Also very well worth reading from a different point of view, I believe, is an article by Kenji Kita et al. published in an obscure place but reprinted in the anthology I and Diana McCarthy edited, "Corpus Linguistics" (Continuum, 2004).

Geoffrey

Prof. Geoffrey Sampson MA PhD FRSA FBCS CITP FHEA

Department of Informatics, University of Sussex

Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QJ, England

www.grsampson.net +44 1273 678525