[Corpora-List] Part of Speech annotation of Persian and Urdu corpora

maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Feb 27 16:01:31 CET 2008

Bushra wrote:
> the question was about locating a company that would do the manual
> annotation for us using a set of tags that we determine, according to
> guidelines that we write. Are there companies out there that does that?

Annotation doesn't come cheap. However, the LDC (ldc.upenn.edu) is one place that has a lot of experience doing that kind of work. Whether they would take on such a project might depend on their current workload.

Disclaimer: I used to work for the LDC, and am still a consultant on one of their projects. (But I wouldn't get a percent of their fee if they did your Persian annotation :-).)

Mike Maxwell

CASL/ U MD