[Corpora-List] Corpora Digest, Vol 8, Issue 16

Stefan Th. Gries stgries at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 19:08:14 CET 2008

Dear Linda

> thank you, Stephen, for the URLS (btw-I didn't ask about N400 but it's appreciated).
You're welcome (and I included N400 because it was a key word in one of the phrases for which you were looking for a paraphrase).

Re Wikipedia: yes, I agree that the results are not always authoritative, but they (i) always provide further search words to narrow down the incredible number of hits and (ii) often useful references. You can also try looking for "'masked priming' definition", which is what i often try.

> Lastly, you are also correct in that the specific terms that I queried have nothing to do with corpus or computational linguistics. They have everything to do, however, with recent research in psycholinguistics dealing with frequency, collocations, and discourse level priming experiments; i.e. terms that are corpus linguistic in nature.
Yes, agreed with regard to the terms, still sceptical with regard to the paraphrases. ;-) By the way, the best introductions to psycholinguistics I know and have used in classes (older editions, though) are:

- <http://www.amazon.com/dp/0495099694>; - <http://www.amazon.com/dp/1841693820> (brand new edition in 2008).

Best, STG -- Stefan Th. Gries ----------------------------------------------- University of California, Santa Barbara http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/faculty/stgries -----------------------------------------------