The organisers cordially invite researchers from all parts of linguistics and related fields to participate in the one-day workshop "Speaker and hearer perspectives on word order", to be held at the University of Groningen on the 22nd of February.
kind regards, Gerlof Bouma, Petra Hendriks and Jack Hoeksema
* Short Description The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers of word order that assume different perspectives (focusing on the interpretation of form, the expression of meaning, or on the interaction of the two) from a variety of methodological backgrounds (computational, experimental or theoretic, quantitative or discrete).
* Speakers and talk titles Jack Hoeksema (Groningen): Scrambled or sunny up? Roelien Bastiaanse (Groningen): tba David Beaver (Austin, Texas): tba Gerlof Bouma (Potsdam): A corpus study of Dutch word order freezing. Peter de Swart and Geertje van Bergen (Nijmegen): Stuck in the middle of
a Dutch sentence: a corpus study of object placement in the Mittelfeld Elisabet Engdahl (Göteborg): On disappearing expletive subjects - is
Swedish becoming more like German? Ton van der Wouden (Leiden): Particles in the Vorfeld
* Time & Place Friday, 22 February 2008, 10h-17h Harmoniegebouw, Oude Kijk in 't Jatstraat 26 Groningen, The Netherlands
* Registration Participation is free of charge. Those who are interested in attending are kindly requested to register before 20 February, by sending an email to Gerlof Bouma (gerlof at ling.uni-potsdam.de)
* More information More information and a preliminary programme can be found at the workshop website http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~gerlof/shpow
* Organisation Gerlof Bouma (contact, gerlof at ling.uni-potsdam.de) Petra Hendriks Jack Hoeksema
-- Gerlof Bouma Institut fuer Linguistik Universitaet Potsdam www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~gerlof