[Corpora-List] Planarity in dependency parsing

Jason Baldridge jbaldrid at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 27 20:45:00 CEST 2007

Hi Shailly,

There are non-projective approaches to dependency parsing, one of the more
recent of which is McDonald's MSTParser. You can find information here:

http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~strctlrn/MSTParser/MSTParser.html

The parser itself can be downloaded from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mstparser

You might also look at Nivre's MaltParser, which is "pseudo-projective":

http://w3.msi.vxu.se/~nivre/research/MaltParser.html

As well as other resources available at the web page for this year's CoNLL
shared task on dependency parsing:

http://nextens.uvt.nl/depparse-wiki/SharedTaskWebsite

Many languages with non-projective dependencies are represented in the data
sets.

Jason